Monday, August 17, 2009

On the Vegetarian Reception

And now a word from the Groom. . .

(These cows were really nice to us and it's considered rude to eat them.)

In my world we would all eat more vegetables. So at mine and Heather's wedding you can do just that. Many of you know that I have been a less than strict vegetarian for greater than five years (and dragging Heather along with me). We are often more than grateful to everyone that has us over for a meal be it meat or non. I am most grateful when it's veg-friendly (thank you). Most of you also know that when I have others over or if I get to choose, it's vegetarian time!

Why not eat meat if it tastes so good you say? First off, everything tastes great fried in VEGETABLE oil. Then there is the preachy stuff: Industrial feedlots are the largest producer of greenhouse gases, animals are raised in cramped quarters often knee deep in shit, workers at these establishments also are treated poorly, and on and on. It's all too much. No wonder people get annoyed with vegetarians and vegans.

Most importantly, vegetables are healthy and colorful. And plants make our world a better place.

It's my wedding goddammit and you all are going to eat like me and love it.

1 comment: